Friday, March 30, 2012

Abigayle Kathryn Henry

Well, she is FINALLY here!! After 39 weeks and 6 days of waiting, our precious baby girl made her arrival on March 23, 2012. She weighed in at a healthy 9 pounds 1 ounce, and was 21 and 1/4 inches long! I know everyone loves to hear a good labor story, so here ya go!

Thursday 3-22-12:

I was out to dinner with some friends and just wasnt feeling good. My belly was really tight but I brushed it off as Braxton Hicks. I got home about 9pm that night and decided to just be lazy and plop myself on the couch to catch up on some shows that were recoreded on the DVR. I was texting back and forth with Sean, and all of a sudden thought I had peed my pants! It wasnt alot so I thought no way it was my water breaking. I went and sat on the toliet for about 20min just in case I still needed to "pee". I got up and it happened again! I went back to the bathroom and noticed this time there was a little pinkish tint to it, but still wasnt convinced it was my water. The cramps I was having started getting worse and it was then that I realized "oh $hit I am in labor"!

Friday 3-23-12:

At this point it was a little after Midnight. I started to feel sick to my stomach and ran back to the bathroom. I was using the toliet for one thing and the bathtub for another...if ya know what I mean! At this point I knew it was time to call my mom. My mom lives 25 minutes away from us and her house is on the way to the hospital, so our plan was to have someone else pick me up and take me to my mom. I called my mom and she instantly knew I was calling cause I was in labor. She called Louise (our dear family friend who is like a grandma to me) and she was on her way to get me. We got to the spot we were supposed to meet my mom and she wasnt there yet. I called her and told her we were going on cause I couldnt take it anymore! Louise and I kept heading to the hospital and were about4 miles away when we saw the blue lights behin us.....YES WE GOT PULLED OVER!!!!! The cop came to the window as I was in the middle of a contraction and he could obviously tell! He let us go pretty quickly and we made it to the hospital.

I got all checked in and was ready to get my epidural. They gave it to me and told me within a few minutes the pain would start easing up. 30 min later there was NO easing up. I told the nurse and in the end they had to do the epidural again... This time it worked and I was feeling NO pain! I was talking to Sean constantly so he could feel like he was a part of the entire process. At about 10:30 they told me it was time to start pushing. The nurse came in and I was doing what I thought was pushing. This went on for almost 2 hours. I couldnt feel any contractions and therefore didnt really know what I was doing. I was making some progress but not what they wanted me to be making. The doctor came in at about noon, and said he was giving me another 30 minutes to push and if she didnt come out, I would have no choice but a c-section. We turned my epidural completley off and it was then I was able to feel the contractions and actually push! Sean was on the phone the entire last hour with me coaching me the best he could and was able to hear her first cry. Little did I know that he was already in the car on his way home to be with us!! It was so wonderful seeing him walk through my hospital room door that night, and even though he wasnt there physically for the birth he was one hell of a coach over the phone!!

We are getting into our new routine at home and loving every minute of it!! Baby waking up so gotta run....promise I will try and keep this updated more!

Love,

Mrs. H




1 comment:

The Lutz Family said...

Brought tears to my eyes... congrats to both you and Sean!!

Love,
The Lutz Family
xoxo